Acting on orders from the military high command, we were to make no attempt to free the alien creature from his icy tomb. Unfortunately, I inadvertently left an electric blanket on top of the block of ice overnight and thawed out the creature we dubbed, The Blogathon From Another World.
The Blogathon From Another World subsists entirely on mammal blood. In order to better understand the creature, a group of rogue bloggers attempted to clone the monster with the station's supply of blood plasma. Now, The Blogathon From Another World is unleashed on the interwebs. Already, posts on the best science fiction films from any era have begun to appear. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide links to new posts as they go live.
Posts after April 10
- Tron – For The Blogathon From Another World [F for Films]
Posts from April 10
- E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (1982) [In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood]
- The Evolution of Movie Robots: Metropolis to Chappie [Blog of the Darned]
- Blogathon From Another World: Dark City (1998) [B Noir Detour]
- Mysterious Island (1961) [Christy's Inkwells]
- The Sci-Fi Blogathon: “Tarantula”, “Black Scorpion” & “The Giant Claw” [CineMaven's ESSAYS from the COUCH]
- Akira (1988) [Serendipitous Anachronisms]
- The Valley of Gwangi (1969) [Speakeasy]
- Serenity: A Treatise on Human Limitations [301 Words]
- Blogathon From Another World Entry: Contact [Film Perspective]
- Spider-Man 2 (2004) – Best comic-book movie ever [Movie Movie Blog Blog]
- 301 Words – Baseball writer Geoff Young steps out of the batter's box and looks at Serenity (2005)
- Blog of the Darned – That would be me. I'll be doing The Evolution of Movie Robots: Metropolis to Chappie
- BNoirDetour! – BNoirDetour looks at Dark City (1998)
- Christy's Inkwells – Christy looks at Mysterious Island (1961)
- CineMaven's ESSAYS from the COUCH – CineMavens brings us a Mara Corday Triple Feature, briefly covering three sci-fi classics from the 50's: The Black Scorpion (1957), Tarantula (1957), and The Giant Claw (1957).
- F for Films – Josh Wilson looks at Tron (1982)
- Film Perspective – Elise Sitzman tackles Contact (1997)
- Horrible Imaginings Film Fest & Podcast – My San Diego homeboy Miguel Rodriguez and I will be doing a podcast on Frau im Mond (1929). Great suggestion, Miguel. This has been on my bucket list for a while.
- In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood – Crystal takes on Spielberg's 1982 classic, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Movie Movie Blog Blog – Steve Bailey looks at Spiderman 2 (2004), a film where the sequel surpasses the original
- Serendipitous Anachronisms – Summer Reeves looks at the anime classic Akira (1988)
- Speakeasy – Kristina looks at The Valley of Gwangi (1969)
|I created this with the Star Wars Crawl Creator;|
you can see the full crawl here
[Need to click, BEGIN to see it run]