Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Just One Week, People [Updated June 16]

I think we need to have a goal in this country. That goal should be that we should try to go one week without a new story surfacing about cops shooting, abusing, or harassing black people. I know that a week is not a very long time but I think you need to start small and build from there. Yes, I do appreciate that being a cop is a very difficult job, but if you can't do that job without shooting, abusing, or harassing black people, maybe you need to find a new line of work. And this bastard, clearly he has seen one too many Lethal Weapon movies, and you know what, clearly he wasn't even paying attention. Riggs and Murtaugh were going after bad guys, not black guys. I realize there's only four letters difference, but seriously they are not the same thing.



Updated June 16

Looking at the timestamp on this post, I posted this one week ago today. Since that time, I have seen no new stories about cops shooting, abusing, or harassing black people. Woohoo. However, a new story has surfaced about white woman Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black to get a job at the NAACP. I think I need to be more specific about my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment