Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Warner Brothers TCM Classic Films Tour Quick Preview

My Wife Mary and Me (Photo Karin Mustvedt-Plüss)
 

Yesterday, my wife and I got the opportunity to go to the Warner Bros TCM Classic Film tour media preview. I don't know what it costs to go on TCM tour, but whatever it is, it's worth it. The media event started with a reception on brownstone street, where you see Alfred Hitchcock walking for his cameo for Rope (the only shot that doesn't take place in the apartment).

This will be a somewhat short post, as we are in the throes of TCM Classic Film Festival (TCMFF) April 18–21, 2024. The reception started with short presentation featuring Ben Mankowitz, Dave Karger, and Burton Gilliam (Blazing Saddles) and others and even included a marching band. Ben was funny and charming as always. My wife and I were honored to be included.

After the reception, I got a chance to take pictures with Burton Gilliam before hopping on the bus for the tour. Our guide Elisa was great and really tailored the tour to classic films.
I think for most people, the biggest highlight is going to be the prop department. At least, it was for me. It's like going to the greatest antique mall ever. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and I'm short on time, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking for the rest of this. Enjoy.

WB Water Tower, I Think Yakko, Wakko, and Dot Were Sleeping

Left to Right, George Feltenstein, Ben Mankiewicz, Dave Karger, and Burton Gilliam

Burton Gilliam and Me

Not a Skatepark, Man-Made Pond, Empty Now, Where Natalie Wood 
Bathed in The Great Race

Screen from Last Incarnation of the Auntie Mame Beekman Place Apartment

One of Three Things You Can't Rent in the WB Prop Department, Chandelier by Tiffany 

The Maltese Falcon Prototypes

This Is Where the Cast of Blazing Saddles Ran into the Street at the End of the Picture

Behind the Tree, the Church Where the Coreys Stole Holy Water in The Lost Boys

Our Tour Guide, Elisa

Saving the Best for Last, Bogart's Trench Coat from Casablanca

No comments:

Post a Comment