Monday, June 15, 2020

Hitchcockian Blogathon - Celebrating the Greatest Films Hitchcock Never Made


The Hitchcockian Blogathon focuses on the greatest films that Alfred Hitchcock never made. So what is Hitchcockian? Simply put, movies reminiscent of the films of Alfred Hitchcock. Prime examples in no particular order would include:

  • Charade
  • Cape Fear (either version)
  • Wait Until Dark 
  • Blow Up
  • Play Misty For Me
  • Body Double
  • Fatal Attraction
  • Basic Instinct
  • Match Point
There are no restrictions on era and genre, though if you're going to shoot for My Little Pony: The Movie, you better really sell it. Still, I would love to see someone do, The Wrong Trousers. I'm going stake my claim on a Whoopi Goldberg comedy, Jumpin' Jack Flash, and I might just do The Wrong Trousers as well if no one else does.

I'm going to allow duplicates, but not triplicates (two posts on the same film, but not three). 
If you're interested in joining in, post a comment on this page with your name, the name of the film you want to do, and of course the name and url of your blog. in terms of duplicates and triplicates, first comment first served.

The Hitchcockian Blogathon comes to near you on August 13 (Hitchcock's birthday, falls on a Thursday this year) and continues through the weekend to August 16.

When posting, please use the graphic above with a link back to this page. And I will add links to individual posts from here. 

Entries so far:

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Saturday, August 15, 2020
Thursday, August 13, 2020

19 comments:

  1. Chris, would it be cheating to do High Anxiety, since that's obviously a Hitchcock parody? If you nix that one, I think I can make a case for Don't Look Now, which I love. Trudy Ring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kinda would be a cheat to do High Anxiety, but I love it. I'm totally down with it. Feel free.

      Delete
    2. Great, Chris! I will. What's the deadline? And I don't have my own blog, but I've been a guest blogger for Theresa Brown's Cinemaven's Essays From the Couch. She'll probably be fine with me doing that again, but I'll ask her to make sure.

      Delete
    3. Hi Trudy, Anytime between August 13 and 16 is fine by me. Of course, I will read everybody's post, but I don't need to see them ahead of time or anything. If something happens and you want to post early (or late), let's talk.

      Delete
  2. J-Dub from https://dubsism.com/ I'd like to join your blog-a-thon with Brian DePalma's 1981 Blow Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it. Looking forward to it. Thanks, Chris.

      Delete
    2. Great! I've added it to my blog-a-thon page!
      https://dubsism.com/2020-movie-blog-a-thons/

      Delete
    3. Here's my contribution!
      https://dubsism.com/2020/08/16/movies-everybody-loves-that-i-hate-episode-9-blow-out/

      Delete
    4. Hi J-Dub, I'm not sure how I overlooked this yesterday. I just updated the page a few minutes. I honestly can't say that I either love or hate the film. Judging from your title, I'm really looking forward to what you have to say. I'll get back to you a little later today. Thanks, for joining in.

      Delete
  3. Hi can you add me with The Last of Sheila (1973)from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sorry for the delay getting back to you. That would be awesome. You got it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris, sorry but going to have to change this choice, can I do Match Point instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, no problem, I love Match Point. I'll make the change.

      Delete
  6. Hi there, here's my blogathon entry, looking forward to reading these entries. Really loved the film so glad I changed to this one... https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2020/08/12/films-match-point-2005/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Awesome, I just updated this page with links to you and my first post on The Wrong Trousers. I'll be doing links on social media a little later. I'm supposed to be logged into work by now.

      By the way, I just rewatched Match Point for the first time in a lot of years a couple of weeks ago. Great film. I can't wait to read your take on it.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it too!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Chris! Here's my post: https://takinguproom.wordpress.com/2020/08/15/the-spanish-prisoner/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca, Just got in, and updated the page. Thank you so much for jumping in. Of the titles picked, The Spanish Prisoner is the only one I haven't seen. I'm looking forward to reading your post.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, thanks for letting me take part in your blogathon and looking forward to your thoughts on this post and this movie.

    ReplyDelete