Wednesday, April 11, 2018

TCMFF Button Barter 2018

I thought of this about a week ago. Every year at the TCM Classic Film Festival (TCMFF), buttons abound. I usually have buttons printed and give them out, and as a result, I get a lot in return. By Sunday, I usually have so many that I don't know what to do. Then what do you do with them when you get home? Yeah, I know a lot of people put them away with their badge and lanyard as a cherished memory of the Festival. Me, I'm not that sentimental. That's why I came up with the TCMFF Button Barter. Find one button from a previous TCMFF that you can live without. Bring it to TCMFF this year and try to trade it for something you like better. I'm even having what else some buttons made to celebrate:



Find me or my daughter Jasmine, and we'll be happy to give you one of the button barter buttons until we run out.

Here's how it works. Bring that one button, that you plan to trade. If you want, post a picture of it on your favorite social media platform with the hashtags, #TCMFF and #TCMFFButtonBarter. Then go out and find someone who has a button they are trying to trade. Rinse. Repeat. Keep going until you find one you really like. 

I know what you're thinking, what if this is your first festival and you don't have anything to trade? Here's my thought, Kate Gabrielle has been making classic film buttons for years. Contact her and order a set. Her website is: https://kategabrielle.com/collections/buttons. If you contact her, she can probably let you know which ones have been around for a while and would've been around at a previous Festival. I think she said if you get orders in by April 14, she can ship in time for TCMFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment