Saturday, September 3, 2016

Happy 5th Birthday, #TCMParty

Today is #TCMParty's 5th birthday. I was kind of late to the party. In fact, I was kind of late to Twitter. I joined Twitter in October 2011. Most social media platforms have a heyday. It's safe to say that Twitter was well past its heyday in late 2011. I honestly don't remember why I joined Twitter. I do know that I didn't do very much with it in the first year or so and often wondered why I bothered.

I stumbled on #TCMParty one night when I was watching TCM. I noticed tweets in my feed with the #TCMParty hashtag, and it dawned on me that they were talking about the movie I was watching at that moment. It didn't take long before I joined in. 

My first tweet containing the #TCMParty hashtag was in February 2013, about On the Waterfront:

#tcmparty Why don't you drop dead now, so we can test the theory. Great line

At the time, I had done about 400 tweets. Of the more than 20,000 tweets since then, about three quarters have been on #TCMParty. It's been a great ride, lots of fun times, great people, good friends, and amazing talk on the movies I love, ranging from snarky to informative to heartfelt to intelligent.

Happy birthday, #TCMParty. Many happy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment