Monday, August 22, 2016

µ-Blog – TCM/Ball State Slapstick Course

µ-Blog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

Last night, I was watching TCM, and a promo came on for a new course in slapstick, Painfully Funny: Exploring Slapstick in the Movies. I'm assuming this will be similar to the Into the Darkness: Exploring Film Noir course last Summer. Now, my first thought was Film Noir is a meaty subject. What could you really do with slapstick? Then again, the Exploring Film Noir course was awesome. I have every confidence that they can pull off something great with slapstick. 

With that in mind, that just leaves one question. When I finish, do I put it on my resume? I am out of work right now. I can just see how it would play out.

Interviewer:  I see you have completed a course in Exploring Slapstick in the Movies.

Me:  Why, yes I have. Do you have a cream pie handy?

For more details on the Painfully Funny: Exploring Slapstick in the Movies course, see tcm.com/slapstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment