Monday, October 6, 2014

µBlog – Psycho, So Much Better on the Big Screen

µBlog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

Tonight I Psycho on the big screen for the first time, and it was so good. Now, I have always acknowledged that Psycho is a great film, but for me, I always put it fairly low on my list of top Hitchcock films, and it really came down to one thing, the lack of humor. 




Tonight I discovered that it's not that there is no humor in Psycho, it's just that the humor doesn't translate very well to the small screen, at least, not like many other Hitchcock films. But in a dark theater with dozens of total strangers, it has some good laughs. Very dark humor most of it, but not nonexistent, like had previously thought. The guy who is buying the house with the cash the Janet Leigh steals is quite funny. I really may need to rethink my top Hitchcock films.

No comments:

Post a Comment