Thursday, January 29, 2015

µBlog – New Films Announced for TCMFF 2015

µBlog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

Today TCM announced more films for the 2015 TCM Classic Film Festival (TCMFF).  Looking at my twitter feed most of the buzz seemed to involve the announcement that Ann-Margret would be on hand to present The Cincinnati Kid. All I could think was I was glad it wasn't Tommy, though I must admit the baked bean scene is amazing.

For me,  the big news boiled down to two films:
  • 42nd Street - Gotta love Busby Berkeley Pre-Code on the big screen. 
  • Pinocchio - To this day, still one of my all time favorite Disney animated films.
Another announcement was Doctor Zhivago, a film I've never seen and know I should. But no matter how you slice it, it's a 3 hour movie, meaning that you might have to sacrifice two films on the schedule to see this one. Might be a hard sell. 

For the complete announcement, see the TCMFF press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment