Wednesday, September 24, 2014

µBlog – M

µBlog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

I just got home from seeing Fritz Lang's M, and Oh My God, it was so fucking good. I went in expecting, dark and brooding and intense. What I wasn't expecting was fun and entertaining as hell. There was a bit of intensity, but for the most part, it was just a great great movie. Lots of humor, but not jokes or anything, just funny situations, and a really interesting take on the most heinous of crimes.

Without giving too much away, the story was about a serial killer of children, but it was almost that the child murderer was more of a MacGuffin. It wasn't really about the killer at all. It was about the situation that the killer started. It was about the public, so worried about protecting their children that they accuse anyone and everyone of being the killer. It's about the police who are running themselves ragged chasing after a bunch of false leads. And most of all, it's about the criminal underworld, who are sick of being harassed by the police because of this maniac. They decide to catch the culprit so they can go back to being, well, criminals.

Okay, I done now. I need to put M on my Amazon wishlist. Yes, that's how good it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment