Friday, November 30, 2018

µ-Blog – A Compliment

µ-Blog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

A couple of weeks ago, I was getting the Sunday paper. Yes, I still read the Sunday paper. I don't have it delivered. I just go out on Sunday morning to 7-Eleven and buy it. As I was leaving, I got to the door and stopped.

I stopped because at the same time I got to the door, going out, a young woman got there, going in. We both stopped trying to figure out who was going to go first. Now, she was young, about 25 or 30 and pretty cute. After a second or two, I did the gentlemanly thing. I pushed the door open for her, even though it opened out, which makes it awkward holding the door for someone when you're pushing the door away from you. As she went past me,  she said something, "You have the most gorgeous eyes, ..."

I was feeling pretty good about myself. Here was this young cute woman giving me a compliment. It was an incredible boost my ego. Until she ruined it. She ruined it with a single word, "sir." So that boost my ego lasted all of about 0.25 seconds, the time it takes to get from, "You have the most gorgeous eyes," to "sir." Damn.

2 comments: