Thursday, March 9, 2017

Carl and Rob Reiner to Appear at TCMFF

Yesterday, TCM announced that the father-son duo of Carl Reiner and Rob Reiner will appear at the TCM Classic Film Festival (TCMFF) and be honored with a hand and footprint ceremony at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood. In addition, Carl Reiner will introduce his film, The Jerk (1979), and Rob Reiner will introduce, The Princess Bride (1987). 

This is great news for TCMFF attendees, though I have a feeling that it might make festival choices that much more difficult. I saw Carl Reiner last year at TCMFF, and he was a hoot, lots of great stories.  Still, I saw The Jerk in the theater, so that might make me lean toward something else. I have never seen Rob Reiner in person, but The Princess Bride is one of those films that seems to always be showing somewhere, even in the fairly small number of art theaters in San Diego.  I know I'll have another chance to see it somewhere before too long. But Rob Reiner, that's another story. 

I'm already starting to stress out about the inevitable heart-breaking choices I'll have to make once the schedule drops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment