Tuesday, October 18, 2016

µ-Blog – Multitasking

µ-Blog – Too long to tweet, too short to call a real post

I like to multitask. It makes me feel like I am getting more done. I'm probably not, but it makes me feel better to pretend I'm doing multiple things at once. Sometimes this goes awry.

Horribly horribly awry.

I was getting ready for bed. I was taking a pee. I decided to grab my toothbrush. Somehow, I fumbled the grab, and the toothbrush slipped out of my hand. Now, it's one thing to drop your toothbrush. It's entirely another thing to drop it in the toilet. It's completely entirely another thing to drop it in the toilet, when there's pee in it. It's totally completely entirely another thing to drop it in the toilet, when you're still actively peeing. 

Then of course what do you do? I just can't stop peeing right in the middle of a pee. My body doesn't work that way. I suppose I could have clamped it shut, put a kink in the hose as it were, but I didn't think to that. All I could think of was how do I bend over enough to grab the toothbrush without peeing on the floor. Ultimately, that one task proved too much for me. I had no other choice, but to continue peeing on my toothbrush. Suffice it to say, I was very glad I had a spare one. 

I've learned one thing from all of this: Writing a blog post, even a very short blog post, where forms of the word pee appear about 15 times really makes you need to pee. I'm out.


1 comment: